The following is a list of messages you might wish to consider using for yourself:
Answering Machine Messages
1. “Hi! Now you say something.”
2. “Hi! John’s answering machine is broken. This is his refrigerator. Please speak very slowly, and I’ll stick your message to myself with one of these magnets.”
3. “Hello, you are talking to a machine. I am capable of receiving messages. My owners do not need siding, windows, a hot tub, or any subscriptions and their carpets are clean. They give to charity through the office. If you are still with me, leave your name and number and they will get back to you.”
4. “This is not an answering machine — this is a telepathic thought recording device. After the tone, think about your name, your reason for calling, and a number where I can reach you, and I will think about returning your call.”
5. “Greetings, you have reached the Sixth Sense Detective Agency. We know who you are and what you want, so at the sound of the tone, please hang up.”
6. “Hi. I am probably home. I’m just avoiding someone I don’t like. Leave me a message, and if I don’t call back, it’s you.”
7. “Hi. This is George. I’m sorry I can’t answer the phone right now. Leave a message, and then wait by your phone until I call you back.”
8. “Hi. If you are a burglar, then we’re probably at home cleaning our weapons right now and can’t come to the phone. Otherwise, we probably aren’t home and it’s safe to leave us a message.”
I enjoy having a little humor in my life every day. If you wish to contribute, please leave it here and I just might add it to my list.
I also think that reading a fun mystery will help as well. If you want to try one of mine on for size, check out Monterey Madness – Mr. One Pocket. Click here (Kindle) or here (paperback)
Thanks for your visit.